The mission of Maryland New Directions is to train and coach people facing career and life transitions to overcome barriers, restore self-belief, and acquire skills and tools needed to secure employment on a path to a living wage.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for volunteers to participate in the following activities that help prepare individuals to secure employment:
• Mock interviews: "Interview" our job-seeking clients to create practice for self-marketing skills during employment training.
• Connections Friday: Share your professional journey with our job-seeking clients to help encourage and inspire them.
• Professional Committees: Share your talents with our team to support MND's strategic planning and implementation of current initiatives and overall growth.
• Workshop & Job Search Assistant: Assist in our job readiness workshops to support job-seekers as they work on their resumes, cover letters, master application, online job search and more both in the classroom and during drop-in computer lab hours.
• Administrative Volunteer: Support the front desk and overall administrative needs of the organization, while being a positive ambassador of MND’s services and programs.
• Clothing Boutique Stylists & Coordinators: Help manage and organize our impressive professional attire inventory to support our clients. Volunteers are also needed on training orientation days to assist clients with their shopping.